No, unfortunately the way induction stoves work prevent the Flat Top in its current design from working properly. The Flat Top is made from ferrous (magnetic) steel so they're made from the right material to work with induction stoves. However, our Spacer Kit for glass cooktops raises the Flat Top off the surface of the glass 1/2" to allow for an air gap for circulation to prevent overheating the electronics in the stove. Most induction stoves require the metal to be in direct contact with the glass to be detected by the stove to turn the burners on. Because of the 1/2" gap the stove doesn't know to turn on to heat the Flat Top properly.
Articles in this section
- About Steelmade Pre-Seasoning
- Removing Your Seasoning Layer
- Maximum Custom Flat Top Sizing
- PRO Series Cosmetic Blemishes
- Dimensions - Standard Flat Top for 30" Ranges
- Surface Mark vs. Scratch
- Can the Flat Top Slim or Jr. sizes be used on glass ceramic cooktops?
- What is the difference between a Range and a Cooktop?
- How to measure for a custom Flat Top
- I have a smooth glass ceramic stove - will the Flat Top work on it?