We do not recommend using the smaller Flat Top sizes on glass ceramic cooktops. The size and configuration of burners on glass cooktops varies so much from model to model that it is impossible to standardize a Flat Top to work well on all of the different cooktops. Also, while the large size and mass of the standard Flat Top makes a very stable platform when cooking, the smaller and lighter Slim and Jr. sizes are more likely to move around when cooking and potentially provide a less than satisfactory experience. For these reasons we decided against marketing the Slim and Jr. sizes for use on glass ceramic cooktops.
Articles in this section
- About Steelmade Pre-Seasoning
- Removing Your Seasoning Layer
- Maximum Custom Flat Top Sizing
- PRO Series Cosmetic Blemishes
- Dimensions - Standard Flat Top for 30" Ranges
- Surface Mark vs. Scratch
- Can the Flat Top Slim or Jr. sizes be used on glass ceramic cooktops?
- What is the difference between a Range and a Cooktop?
- How to measure for a custom Flat Top
- I have a smooth glass ceramic stove - will the Flat Top work on it?
Please sign in to leave a comment.