The Cover Boards are not only a beautiful way to hide your Flat Top when it's not in use, it's also a high quality cutting board that provides a large prep surface for your meals. With time and use your Cover Board may be showing normal signs of wear including some scratches and discoloration. The good news is it's very simple to restore it to it's original condition!
- Wash the cutting board with warm water and dishwashing liquid. Allow it to dry completely.
- Wrap a sanding block in 50-grit sandpaper. Sand the surface of the cutting board to remove the top layer of wood particles and buff out scratches.
- Sand it a second time with 100-grit sandpaper to smooth the surface. Wipe the cutting block with a damp, lint-free cloth to remove any sanding dust.
- Apply an even coat of Steelmade Wood Oil (or suitable substitute) to all surfaces of your wood Cover Board using a cloth or disposable towel. Allow the Wood Oil to fully penetrate through the wood fibers overnight, then wipe off any excess oil. Apply additional oil to any visible dry spots
- For additional protection, it is recommended to use Steelmade Wood Oil + Wax or your preferred alternative to seal the top of the wood surface in conjunction to the Wood Oil. Apply an even coat of the Wood Oil + Wax using a cloth or disposable towel. Allow the Board Cream to penetrate the wood surface overnight, then wipe off any excess cream.
We suggest reading this article to learn how to care and maintain your Cover Board.
Please sign in to leave a comment.